Pregnant woman, 26, rushes to save a uniformed officer who was shot multiple times by a teen gunman in a Florida parking lot
- Shelby Floyd-Berrios, 26, ran towards gunfire outside the Publix grocery store in Orange Park, Florida on Tuesday
- A US Customs and Border Protection officer had been shot multiple times
- The expectant mother said she didn’t know where the gunman was at the time
- She managed to control the bleeding to one of the major wounds until paramedics could arrive
- Authorities say the uniformed officer had been carrying bags of groceries when he was shot multiple times by Thomas Jacob Lewis IV
- Lewis then shot and killed himself after driving across the parking lot
A pregnant woman rushed to help save a law enforcement officer who had been shot multiple times in a Florida parking lot.
Shelby Floyd-Berrios, 26, was captured on surveillance cameras running towards the gunfire outside the Publix grocery store in Orange Park, Florida on Tuesday.
The US Customs and Border Protection officer was targeted by 18-year-old Thomas Jacob Lewis IV for being a law enforcement official.
The expectant mother, who had been working at a hair salon in the same complex at the time, said she had no idea where the shooter was or where he was firing from when she ran to the aid of the officer.